Bitcoin is now accepted for eyeglasses, eye exam, and contacts
#1 Eye Doctor in Miami now better with Bitcoin
Buy Ray-Ban, Prada, Gucci, and thousand more brands with Bitcoin
Bitcoin.org is dedicated to help Bitcoin to develop in a sustainable way.
Who owns bitcoin.org?
Bitcoin.org is the original domain name used with the first Bitcoin website. It was registered and is still managed byBitcoin core developers and by additional community members, with the input of Bitcoin communities. Bitcoin.org is not an official website. Just like nobody owns the email technology, nobody owns the Bitcoin network. As such, nobody can speak with authority in the name of Bitcoin.
Then… who controls Bitcoin?
Bitcoin is controlled by all Bitcoin users around the world. Developers are improving the software but they can’t force a change in the rules of the Bitcoin protocol because all users are free to choose what software they use. In order to stay compatible with each other, all users need to use software complying with the same rules. Bitcoin can only work decently with a complete consensus between all users. Therefore, all users and developers have strong incentives to adopt and protect this consensus.
- Inform users to protect them from common mistakes.
- Give an accurate description of Bitcoin properties, potential uses and limitations.
- Display transparent alerts and events regarding the Bitcoin network.
- Invite talented humans to help with Bitcoin development at many levels.
- Provide visibility to the large scale Bitcoin ecosystem.
- Improve Bitcoin worldwide accessibility with internationalization.
- Remain a neutral informative resource about Bitcoin.
You can report any problem or help to improve bitcoin.org on GitHub by opening an issue or a pull request in English. When submitting a pull request, please take required time to discuss your changes and adapt your work. You can help with translations by joining a team on Transifex. Please don’t ask for promotion for your personal business or website, except for special cases like conferences. Many thanks to all contributors who are spending time improving bitcoin.org!